Do you want to grow your business? There’s a simple way. You need to get more sales.
It is easier said than done. Agreed. But there’s no way around it.
You can be running a small tea stall or a huge retail store, you have to find ways to get more people to your shop and make more sales. And it’s the same with online businesses. You need to get more visitors on your website and try to convert as many as possible.
Let’s read about seven of the smartest ways to get more sales from your eCommerce store.
Increase Online Traffic
The traffic to your online store determines the volume of your sales. And to divert more traffic to your online store, you need to indulge in an active marketing strategy. Your marketing approach could make or break your online business.
- Search Engine Optimization: There’s no better or cheaper way to get more traffic than to optimize your website for search engines. Google can send lots and lots of new visitors if you can get your site to rank for target keywords.
- Social Media Marketing: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. provide endless opportunities to engage and direct your target customers to your website. All you need to do is post interesting content regularly. As a result, your online following will increase along with the chances of an increase in your sales.
Make the most of Video Marketing
Seeing is believing, right? People are more likely to buy from your online store if they see videos about your products. The videos should be short, interesting and informative. These can be promotional videos or informational videos about your products. This is because your potential clients will get to know about your products in a better way and their chances of buying them will probably increase.
- YouTube: Make a YouTube channel and link it to your website and regularly post interesting videos. Add suitable SEO keywords in the thumbnail and description so that their rankings in YouTube search results will improve.
- Website: Integrate your YouTube account with your website and ensure that these videos are available on your website as well.
- Social Media: Lastly, a major chunk of traffic to your online store will come from your social media accounts. So, posting these videos on your social media accounts is also very important.
There is this classic marketing technique known as ‘word of mouth marketing’. Several studies have shown that good reviews or testimonials can influence online buyers. So, add testimonials videos or reviews of your satisfied clients on your website.
- Add Real Testimonials: Request your actual clientage to make testimonial videos and ask for their permission to use them on videos (you will have to offer something in return but it’s worth it).
- Add Real Pictures: If your clients are not comfortable with the videos, seek their permission if you could use their pictures on your website along with their views on your products.
- Get Written Reviews: Ask your existing customers to write reviews on your online store as well as Google my Business page.
People love to buy when they are getting a special discount. This is because they want to save as many bucks as possible. You can still make more profits when you put things on a discount because people will start buying more stuff. And this increased sale will not just add to the revenue but it will also build a customer base that would continue to buy from you.
- Clearance Sale: Put all the old stock in your inventory on clearance sale. This way, the volume of your sales will increase. Moreover, you will also get to know which of your products are in more demand so you can focus on increasing their production.
- Flat Discounts: Place all of your products under flat discounts so that the overall volume of your sales increases.
Accept Multiple Payment Options
Make it convenient for customers to buy from your website. One way to do so is by accepting multiple payment options. If your payment options are limited then you will lose many potential customers.
Also, provide a money-back guarantee to your customers. People are more likely to buy from the online stores that offer money-back guarantee compared to the ones that do not because this gives them a sense of security as far as their money is concerned.
Improve User Experience
This is something that is often overlooked by eCommerce businesses. Try to improve the user experience of your website because people do not like surfing a website that is not user-friendly.
- Use Catchy Templates: The theme of your online store makes the first impression. Use catchy themes to ensure that people like going to your store.
- Mobile Compatibility: Most online shoppers use mobile devices for browsing. If your eCommerce website isn’t mobile compatible then your business is in big trouble. Make sure that your online store/website automatically configures to the resolutions of different mobile screens to improve user experience.
People love getting attention. If you answer their questions and queries on your online store then the chances are that people will become loyal to your brand. As a result, they will become regular buyers of your products thus increasing sales on your eCommerce store.
- FAQ: Introduce a section of Frequently Asked Questions on your website where you can give answers to those questions that you think will be asked by a majority of customers.
- Live Chat: Use the live chat to improve the shopping experience of your clients. Add valuable input to their knowledge about your products while they surf through your online store.
- Comment Section: Utilize the comment sections below your posts on your website, blogs, and social media pages to answer the questions of your customers.
The road to success isn’t smooth when it comes to eCommerce business. You have to work on many different things to improve sales from your eCommerce store. Follow the advice given above and you will reach your goals, slowly but surely. And isn’t that what you want?